Monday, March 2, 2009

Horizon...

BismiAllahi AlRahman AlRaheem

I was ready to let it out, the very breath that inhibited my thoughts to surrender…that constrained my mind and tangled it all around. I was ready to walk slowly and take my time. I was ready to accept what my hands have let and accept it was but a dream waiting to be let out…

I was ready… I laid my dying corpse on the green grass bordering the water ready to let it all out. All my eyes can see is the blue sky shinning back at me, but all I was shinning back was a dark cloud thundering. I closed my eyes to disappear from these killing thoughts and I dozed off to a 2 sec sleep. I didn’t alow myself, never will I alow myself to dream again….Never!

I sat up, legs curled underneath, trying to unravel the knot that makes up my mind, trying to make up a thought. I couldn’t, everything that came out was a frozen face, quenched eye brows inflicting a horrible headache inbetween my eyes. I was…In Pain!

Ah..I must return to the Lord, since I learned to him we shall return. I threw my high heels inside my backpack and walked with nothing but socks…I wanted to feel the ground crush at my footsteps, I wanted to feel the life in between my toes, I wanted to feel the weight against my shoulders, I wanted to go back to my roots, in prostration I’ll reside forever I wish to end…

Walking along the corners till I reached the doors of the “Holly” building. I perfected my wudoo and along the stairs I led my soul to utter Allah’s name once more… I prayed 2 raka’s of despair!

I grabbed a Quran and intended to go back to the river of fate once more. Coming down the stairs then I hear “Heyyyy…. Do you know if people pray here” yelled in an Indonesian accent. I turned around, I see this foreign Indonesian boy against the balcony. I said “well, they usually pray at the basemement of the library…I can take you and show you!” … he responded “I would appreciate that!”.

Along the wonderful walk towards the library (where hell broke loose), he introduced his name (Jefry) and that he goes to HCC but only comes here to pray. He is majoring in Journalism, and only been here for 2 years. He said that he wishes to see the Muslims, but he always ends up praying alone at the religion building.

I introduced him to some of my friends and lead him to the basement. Showed him where the qibla. His look on his face as if he finally had found his perfect serene place. What others have taken for granted as “ze basement”, to him as if he discovered his most missed memories from Indonesia, the gather of muslim brothers and sisters.

I grabbed my quran and made my way towards the fountains once more, I had made the intent that I will read till the sunset, and that’s what I shall do. As I was walking, I found that a boy was sitting on “my” bench reading the bible and contemplating on the serene colors of the horizon, the beautiful pink, orange, purple waves on the skies…

I sat on the bench next to his, opened my quran to surat “Israa’” and read ever so slowly with tajweed, and watched the sun dissapear into nothingness, behind the far away tree, only the orange light shinning back at me, and the words of quran are lighting the path back…

I hurried back to the basement and caught the last rak’a to Jama’a prayer for maghrib…. ALhamdoulillah

No comments: