Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A little Bird taught me…

Standing there, talking and laughing, and suddenly a thump noise… we turned around to see what it was: A baby green bird dropped from the skies above and landed next to my foot. I bended down thinking it was to fly away, but it wouldn’t move, just standing there peacefully. I picked it up and placed it on my hand. Long and behold, who knew it was going to spend the rest of the afternoon with me. The bird was quickly named Nusaiba, or like maheen chose to call her: “Nubi-poo”. Her?!?!?! I’m not certain, and I had no knowledge of how to check a tiny bird of its gender for I didn’t bring magnifying glass with me for obvious reasons!

Nusaiba, a.k.a Nubi-Poo, attended her first MSA meeting. At the height of this meeting, she chose to also land a *lil’green/yellow* something on my hand. Staying positive, I believed it was “Baraka”! At a moment’s time, I became an expert on where to pet her, well, for her to also stay positive. Her claws were planted on my palms, as if it only trusted me (I liked to think so!) So whenever someone wanted to hold her, well NO, See: Nubi-Poo does not *want* to. Not because she was scared as hell that all these Giants with Scarves on their heads surrounding her not knowing she’s claustrophobic, but because she wanted to only stay with me :)

Her lil’som’n was like mendi, it left a yellow stain on my palm. Well Hey, now I don’t have to spend $7 dollars on a mendi tube that’s going to turn my palms orange anyway, I can just go about collecting bird’s lil’som’n and start a BUSINESS.

It was time for Jummu3a Khutba. She mashaAllah observed all the etiquette rules: stayed quiet, did not move, not even flap one feather, drifted away listening to all the advice. Thirty min later, it was prayer time. On my thumb, together we said “Allahu Akbar”. While I placed my palms on the floor at sajda time, she landed on where I will put my head. It was beautiful!!!!!
Not so beautiful others thought when I picked her up and WOoPS, she landed another *lil’green/yellow som’n* on the sheet. I should have pari trained her b4 thinking to bring her to salat. Anyhow...

Intermission (just enough time for Shah Rukh Khan to grab his next costume)

Anyhow... Nubi-poo seemed to be the center of attention, all too positive until some “bothered” audience questioned her stay on my hand. They claimed “it was harmful for her” as if getting used to me was fatal within itself…. But …but… I gave in to their inducement, more like a bribe, to finally set little Nubi-Poo free. So I walked out of the religion building into the “wild” to set her free, more like setting her in the “Jungle” I thought, a guy with a leaf blower machine came hurrying to our direction as if intentionally came to blow it away…. Oh no monsieur, no! I quickly saved Nubi-Poo from the wild jungle and the “fake wind” that will blow her into the vast unknown…. I placed her on my shoulder and together we continued our day.

Nubi-poo witnessed my presence in some strange circumstances, more like coincidental appeals. It is something that was only discussed between Me and my mini-Me (nubi-poo). Thus, rather keep it that way…. Only Nubi-poo knows, lol, and of cource, Allah knows.

Anyways, an hour later, I discovered that it was not the mere interest, or love, of me that she stayed grasping to me…It was the fact that she was INJURED! Her leg….*tears*I quickly hurried to get a number of an animal shelter/hospital near bye….my little birdie is Hurting! I can’t stand this, her pain was seen from her eyes: slowly blinking, slowly shutting, could she be……OH NO: NOT THE DARK ABYSS! .....Hurry hurry. So I get in the passenger seat of the car and a friend driving. We cruise through westheimer… I later found out that a 50 dollar fee is required… I had 50 CENTS!.... WHAT am I going to do? Should I leave it to qadr Allah?5 min later through driving, on my lap, little Nusaiba shivers as if having a female tantrum for 5 sec, then jumps and lands on its side.

“OH MY ALLAH (I SCREAMMMMMM) WHAT THE @#($@#($#@($(@#($...... Oh my god…..get it off of me….get it OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF”

Where happened to all that love????? Sub7anaAllah

I couldn’t touch it, even if u would put me through fire, I can’t. One minute, cuddled in my hand, the next, its DEAD! *tears* I couldn’t take it. I was crying… saying over and over “sub7anaAllah”… “inna liAllah wa inna ilayhi raji3um” We pulled up in a neighborhood. I dug 6 inches into the ground, and buried it, all while reciting “al fatiha” (not sure if it was proper to do so or not….I just felt I lost a friend ). I layed 2 stones…..there goes Nubi-Poo.

Conclusion:
What did this little green bird do in its lifetime to deserve such an honorable death? A 5 min listening to recitation of the Quran, 20 min worth of petting, a Friday Khutba, a Friday Prayer, nevertheless, dying on a Friday….and a proper burial.

All I want to know is what did this little green bird HAVE TO DO to have this way of death? For all I know, It did leave its “Baraka” on my hand… who knows, I might be honored to have this proper death, inshaAllah.

This little bird taught me that this very prayer, might be your last. That this time of reciting the quran, might be your last chance. This this day, is indeed your LAST. What are the chances that you will have this kind of death? For nothing is according to chance in the way of Allah. We are given the Keys to heaven, All we gotta do is find it through the Siratul Mustaqeem. And “hafidhu 3an salatukum”….PROTECT YOUR PRAYERS!

This little birdie did wonders to me… who knows, This little birdie might be my savior in the day of judgment, for it was my WITNESS to that day! inshaAllah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

most disturbing post ever.

Can't wait for it to be continued.

Anonymous said...

A little birdy told me that I came across rude. There's no room for arrogance or pride in my heart. I sincerely apologize. I actually really liked the post and it was just different. Disturbing to me is unique and something I can finally appreciate. If you read my blog, you know it's everything disturbing and nothing normal.

http://histoiredemavie.livejournal.com

Nusaiba A.B said...

oh no need. I post with no awareness or expectation to be approved or bothered if criticized.

So if you think its "disturbing", however you want to define it, that's your call. Although, it was a bit disturbing from someone whom I don't know...but that should be expected.

Nothing personal :)

Anonymous said...

So that's what happened! Wow I have no idea what to say... Green bird too... maybe from Jannah, haha. Allahu Akram :(