Sunday, May 11, 2008

~Poetry ~

my love for poetry can only be described as an "addiction." A feeling described in so little words accompanied by a plateau of colorful wonders. Daily commotion muted from my ears when the words of Rumi are read. my confusions described so well in someone else's experiences, then your life no longer feels alone. Sometimes searches after searches there is no words well danced through in beautiful words then your own. So I reached to my pen one middle of night and wrote...and wrote... until no longer had clean paper left. I discovered a talent within my palms lead by my heart. From that night, 5 years ago, I never stopped writing. Whether I found my rhythem beating from the lives of others, or my own experiences rhymed on its own. Most of the time, my writings and poems are but wishful thinking and not from personal experiences; Such as the following excerpt taken from a sad poem I wrote.

"..In spite of doubt, I will remain

in your thoughts, I'll conclude my dreams.

once words described, then tears will rhyme

a song of the hollow heart..."

Nevertheless, I enjoy all kinds of poetry, especially the once that don't rhyme. Its facinating when the words rhyme, but I feel that the person writing it is taking too much time thinking of the suited word that rhymes rather then the suited word to describe such feeling. Rumi, Nizar Qabani, Khalil Gibran are among my favorites.

***
"Which is worth more, A crowd of thousands,

or your own genuine Solitude?

Freedom, or Power over a nation?"

-Rumi


"It is not only copying the outwardly conducts of the saints, but he must try to divide his inward motives and ruling principles, and strive earnestly to attain the disciplined affections, the concentrated will, the all-absorbing love of God, which are the characteristics of His true followers. " -Rumi, Introduction to Misnavi


"God judges not as men judge, from outwardly conduct, but looks at the heart, the secret motives, and the "aspirations." -Rumi






No comments: